The purpose of this blog is to just have a neat little record of my hobbying.
To start things off, a look at whats currently being worked on for my Germans:
First off we have a Panther. The camo work is mostly done, need to some weathering and continue painting the stowage. I was quite pleased with how the ropes look, tying all stowage in the back down. In my previous tanks, the stowage was just glued on, but the ropes definitely add a more grounded feel.
In addition we also have a commander. He is magnetized, so I will be able to easily swap him out for a different one as I feel fit.
Next up a humble Hanomag. I actually picked this guy up as part of a used lot. Had to do a bit of light conversion work with the tarp to fold it back, as well as having to create the paneling that is right underneath the numbers out of plasticard. Stowage was added from Rubicons German Stowage kit, and the cables are the same material as the rope used on the Panther. Still a bit of work needed to weather the halftrack, highlight the tarp, and finish up the stowage bits.
This is the Rubicon Wirbelwind kit. I cannot recommend it enough, as it not only comes with parts for a Wirbelwind turret, but also has enough bits to make a Panzer 4. I did a bit of magnetizing for the schurzen. Sandbags were made out of greenstuff.
Here we have some panzer commanders from Empress miniatures. The one mounted on the King Tiger had to have some surgery work done on him, originally he had one of his arms raised in a somewhat pointing pose, but I felt it looked a little unnatural so I cut it off and reattached it in a more relaxed position. Like the commander on the Panther, these are magnetized so I can swap between them easily.
Some heavy anti-tank support for my troops, we've got a Pak40. Although I'm not sure how frequently I'll be fielding this piece for Bolt Action, I felt it was an iconic enough piece of equipment to have in my collection.













No comments:
Post a Comment