Friday, June 2, 2023

On the workbench - Soviets



First off we've got this cute little lend-lease Universal Carrier (Warlord). the gunner is made from the Soviet infantry sprue. The Dshka HMG is from Eureka miniatures. Its sold as a Cold War era anti-air mount, but it suits this conversion quite nicely. Historically, it seemed that mounting an AT rifle instead of an LMG in the front was common place, but for gameplay reasons I chose to keep the automatic firepower.


I bought the IS-2 (Warlord) for a Fortress Budapest campaign that I'm playing through with one of my co-workers. I'm not entirely pleased with how the green of the tank came out, it feels slightly too dark for my liking. Its subtle, but when next to my other Soviet tanks is noticeable. From research it seems the crew would paint large white crosses on the top of the turret, but for aesthetic reasons I chose to not emulate that. 


Next up we have the nice KV1/2 from Warlord. The tank commander is also Warlord, from their Soviet Tank crew blister. Cant wait to give this heavy howitzer a whirl on the tabletop. 



1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs please keep posting mr skim milk!

    ReplyDelete

Initial Thoughts on Chain of Command

       I had a chance to play CoC for the first time the other weekend and I want to consolidate and record my thoughts on it. What I liked:...